UK: First World War Memorials Programme
The First World War Memorials Programme (FWWMP) is a UK government supported initiative funded via the Department for Culture, Media and Sport. It is covering a wide range of war memorial activity with WMT focussed on delivering the grant element.
- is making £2 million available in one-off additional funding for war memorial repair and conservation projects across the UK through the centenary of World War I
- the funding is being channelled through pre-existing grant schemes administered by WMT
- seeks to facilitate repair and conservation works through its grants and act as a catalyst for action. It will follow the repair and conservation principles supported by the national heritage bodies in each part of the UK
- promotes current best conservation practice. This is a key principle at the heart of the scheme to ensure no works are damaging to a memorial and ensure it is maintained for future generations.
- is open to war memorials of any type with a First World War connection
- prioritises funding based on the need for works and their urgency
- is managed by WMT. All paperwork should be sent to WMT's office to be processed before being allocated to the relevant member of staff
- receives applications via the standard WMT channels so anyone interested in applying for funding should start by reviewing the Apply for a grant section of WMT's website and completing a Grants Pre-application form