WAR MEMORIALS TRUST ("We" “Our” “Us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is WAR MEMORIALS TRUST of 42a BUCKINGHAM PALACE ROAD, LONDON, SW1W 0RE. Registered Charity No: 1062255.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is the Director.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- All information that you provide by filling in forms on Our Site www.warmemorials.org (“Our Site”). We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with Our Site.
- If you contact Us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that We use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of applications you make through Our Site.
- Details of your visits to Our Site and the resources that you access.
- If you donate using Our Site, we collect your title, first and last name, your declaration of tax status, your credit or debit card details (including card type, card number and expiry date), your billing address, telephone number and email address. We will only use your payment details for the purpose of processing your donation via our payment partner WorldPay. To find out more about the security of your payments, please read their security policy at www.worldpay.com/shopper/. If you make a Gift Aid declaration, we will pass it on to the HMRC for the purpose of reclaiming tax on behalf of the recipient charity. Your Gift Aid declaration includes your name and home address (which may be different from your billing address) along with the confirmation that you are paying sufficient amounts of tax in the current tax year.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our Site.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
Session cookies enable our website to keep track of your movement from page to page so you don't get asked for the same information you've already given to the site. These cookies allow you to proceed through the pages of our site quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit. They are automatically deleted when you close your web browser
This cookie is essential for our site to:
To track which pages on the site are most commonly used, the number of visitors to the site, page views, which browsers are used, entry pages etc.
We use the information provided to help us improve our site and identify the most popular pages.
Cookies last between one month and one year.
This cookie is set at the first load of the Add This application and is required to get access to Add this.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
You can also remove and disable cookies from us by clicking here.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after the session.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to Us is stored on Our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using WorldPay technology, details of which can be found at www.worldpay.com/shopper/index.php?page=safety&sub=1 Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from Our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from Us or which We feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us.
- To notify you about changes to Our service.
If you do not want Us to use your data in this way, please tick the box (where relevant) situated on the relevant application form or contact Us by email or telephone indicating the same.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Our partners, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.