UK - War Memorials Trust
War Memorials Trust (WMT) raises funds to support grants to war memorials. The charity does this through its own resources and always welcomes donations to support its work. War Memorials Trust Grants Scheme (WMTGS) (formerly the Small Grants Scheme) was, until 2014 funded through donations to WMT but from July of that year started to receive funding through the FWWMP.
- seeks to facilitate repair and conservation works through its grants and act as a catalyst for action. It will follow the repair and conservation principles supported by the national heritage bodies in each part of the UK
- promotes current best conservation practice. This is a key principle at the heart of the scheme to ensure no works are damaging to a memorial and ensure it is maintained for future generations. Some works may be considered to be outside the scope of funding if funds become limited but this does not mean they necessarily contravene conservation principles. General maintenance is considered to be the responsibility of custodians
- is open to war memorials of any type, from any conflict
- prioritises funding based on the need for works and their urgency
- is managed by WMT. All paperwork should be sent to WMT's office to be processed before being allocated to the relevant member of staff
- receives applications via the standard WMT channels so anyone interested in applying for funding should start by reviewing the Apply for a grant section of WMT's website and completing a Grants Pre-application form