Becoming a Regional Volunteer
Regional Volunteers are active members of the charity who wish to support War Memorials Trust by giving their time and energy. At present War Memorials Trust has over 100 Regional Volunteers across the UK. The Trust is a national charity covering the whole of the UK, but staff members cannot be everywhere all the time. The charity therefore relies on Regional Volunteers to act as local ‘eyes and ears’ across the country and to raise awareness of our work.
What do Regional Volunteers do?
Regional Volunteers undertake a range of activities on behalf of the charity including, but not exclusive to:
- monitoring the condition of war memorials and reporting those at risk to the Trust;
- assisting the Trust with local projects and promoting the charity locally;
- researching the history of war memorials and applying for the listing of war memorials;
- giving talks about War Memorials Trust;
- raising the profile of our work through organising and running events;
- representing the charity at events, such as rededication or Remembrance services;
- working with other Regional Volunteers in their area(s).
How can I become a Regional Volunteer?
To learn more about the role please read our information sheet on what becoming a War Memorials Trust Regional Volunteer involves. If you are interested please either complete, print and sign the Word version of the Regional Volunteer registration form or print the pdf version of the form and complete by hand. Send the completed form to the Trust along with a passport photograph (for a Regional Volunteer ID card). Completing the Word version of the form ensures the details received can be read and accurately input.
The reason you cannot apply entirely online is that all Regional Volunteers must be members of the charity to be covered by the Trust’s insurance. Our system does not enable us to check the registration against our membership list so we do this on receipt of your registration form. If you are not a member then please join us and become a Regional Volunteer and member simultaneously.
Once you are registered as a Regional Volunteer and have obtained your login details you can also access the Regional Volunteer restricted content of the website.